Monday, June 10, 2013

Chasing the Prophecy, by Brandon Mull

Chasing the Prophecy, by Brandon Mull

Reason for Reading: I love Brandon Mull! :)

Genre: Young Adult Fantasy

Review
In the final book of the Beyonder's trilogy, Rachel and Jason's group must separate into two teams - each against "impossible" odds. Jason's team goes in quest of a lost prophecy while Rachel's lays siege upon Maldor's fortress. All must learn to have faith in each other - a task which is much more difficult than it seems. 

I loved the Beyonders series. I eagerly awaited the publication of this book, and read it the moment it was released. I wasn't disappointed. Brandon Mull has a vivid imagination - he's created a world that's very different from the standard epic fantasy - most of his creatures are of his own design, and follow a very creative set of rules. This book is much like the classic epic fantasies like The Hobbit in that there's a lot of traveling/walking, and most of the action takes place while on the move. Personally, I've always liked that format of fantasy - not sure why it appeals to me so much, but it does. :) 

I can't wait until Mull publishes another book! :)

See my review of the second book, Seeds of Rebellion. 

2 comments:

  1. Loving the cover and I'm intrigued to learn more about the world created by this author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These really do sound like fun. I also like the fact that there is a lot of originality to the books. Too many books in this genre are cliched.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think? I love getting comments!