Thursday, August 30, 2012

Beauty, by Robin McKinley


2012 Book 124: Beauty: A Retelling of the Story of Beauty and the Beast, by Robin McKinley (8/23/2012) 

Reason for Reading: Green Dragon Group Read

My Review

Beauty must sacrifice her own freedom in order to save her father...she ends up trapped in a castle with a beast who wants to marry her! I really enjoyed this story because it was sweet and simple. It was a refreshing change from all the more recent "twist" retellings of the story. Highly recommended to any fan of children's fairy tales.

2 comments:

  1. I'm a big fan of McKinley, a few of hers that I've read haven't quite done the business, but for the most part she is an excellent writer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my first McKinley book that I've read, and I really liked it. So much so, that I decided to try out Rose Daughter next. :)

    ReplyDelete

What do you think? I love getting comments!